Friday 6 July 2012

One of those days...



Looking at the weather forecast thursday morning it seemed that thursday itself was the only day I would fish all weekend, so I headed up to my favourite spot.

It was nice conditions considering the recent weather and within hald an hour I had a decent fish on, taking a GRHE deep in a pool. If I am honest I was not expecting a fish at all, what I have learnt over the last 2 years fly fishing was completely ignored, and with my fly line dragging ALOT, and my fly in an odd place, I was just retrieving line to cast again and BOOM, fish on. Maybe this is why after 2 minutes he shook me off, just as I was about to get him in the net..."oh well" I thought, decent start and things can only get better (deep breath as I recall my misplaced optimism).

Next pool, saw a few fish rising so tried a Royal Wulff to try and get them excited, which worked pretty well, although after hooking three and losing them all I started questioning everything. No answers came to mind, so I just carried on.

Moved on to a tried and tested long straight reasonably deep run and FINALLY landed a half pounder after losing another two, which made the day. Well I say made the day, I would've been perfectly content fishing with hardly any interest from fish, it is pretty relaxing (most of the time)...

Anyways, here are some pictures from the day, with a nice picture of the fly I used from my phone camera, which decided, for once, to actually focus on something. I need a decent camera quick...


No comments:

Post a Comment